Monday, October 9, 2017

Dahlia card tutorial






Its been a crafty morning here this morning!
I should put a sign on my craft room door that says 
Messes are us!
Its amazing the tornado that hits when just making one card!

This morning I just wanted to do something different.

I started with experimenting with Copic marker combinations.
This is what I ended up with


Next I fussy cut out the Dahlia flower (You can find it in my shop here) and mounted it
to a 4 1/2 inch paper I distressed using Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo and Old Paper using a bit of craft foam to pop it up a bit.




I'm still learning how to use these blender tools from Tim Holtz but so far so good! I've always just used a sponge in the past but I have to say its really nice to have clean fingers.

And speaking of Tim Hotlz products if you haven't tried his new Tonic Studios Stamping Platform it is Amazing! It has completely transformed the way I stamp. Everything is so clean and strait! 


I always find that with clear stamps I never get a clean dark image on the first stamp. With this I can re-stamp the same image as many times as needed! Love!
The stamp set I used is called By Hero Art's and is called Cut and Stamp Thanks
I then dug out some Fran-tage that had a very good coating of dust and added some of that.

Followed my the finished matting of the card!
I love how it turned out!


I hope you all enjoyed this brief tutorial! Its not something I'm very good at,
But I sure hope it helps someone! 
Have a wonderful day! Please come back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow Dew Drop Rose

                                                                      Is there any interest in a new video? I sure hope so because ...